Dorothy Miraglia, Ph.D.
- BS Music and Sociology
- MA Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in Sociology
- PhD Advanced Studies in Human Behavior
Dr. Miraglia’s areas of mentoring expertise include but aren’t limited to:
- Interview preparation
- Transitioning to online teaching from other industries
- Marketing yourself to employers in higher education
- Creating an engaging online classroom
- Coping with difficult students
- Work/life balance (time management and staying organized)
- Becoming an online student (is it right for you?)
Been Teaching Since:
Top 3 strengths as a mentor:
- Over 10 years’ experience teaching online across multiple disciplines at the undergraduate level working with diverse populations. Mentored students who struggled to keep up with course work while balancing their everyday responsibilities.
- Understands the online student and online instructor perspective and how to balance them.
- Experienced working with clients to help them teach online as well has how to present oneself to administrators to become hired.
In her own words...
As a mentor, I build relationships with clients to understand their career goals and how I can lead them to success. I understand the challenges of landing your first online teaching job and how to successfully ace an interview. Working for multiple universities, I have experienced various types of interview methods. As an online student at the graduate level, I am familiar with the challenges from the student and instructor perspective.
I teach multiple courses at once so time management and staying organized are necessary skills for a successful work/life balance I enjoy sharing my strategies to help clients avoid burn out.
The best part of my job is helping clients achieve their career goals. Many clients want the freedom of working from home but don’t know how to start or get there. In 2015, I found The Babb Group who helped kickstart my career and it was a gamechanger. I am lucky enough to be a work-from-home mom and I love to mentor clients who share the same goal.